Protective Gas Plants
Best engineering performance made in Germany
HN/HNX Gas Generation - Protective gas | Mahler AGS
The sub stoichiometric combustion of hydrocarbons (NG, LPG) with subsequent conversion of CO to CO2 followed by removal of CO2 by means of Mono Ethanol Amine (MEA) is a well-established process for the generation of protective gas.
Individual plant concepts to cover higher capacities and different hydrogen contents, as well as back-up systems to guarantee a continuous gas supply can be offered.
For a detailed process description and process flowsheet please click here.
Depending on customers’ demands the HN/HNX gas generation plants can deliver a protective gas with a hydrogen content between 1 vol.- % to 12 vol.-%.
01. Cost effective on-site plants
02. No operating personnel required
03. Fully automatic operation
04. Product flexibility in terms of quantity and H2-content
CO Converter for HNX Gas Generation
HN / HNX Gas Generation
Plant Features of the HN/HNX Gas Generation Plants:
- Low cost on-site production
- Fully automatic and unattended operation
- Product flexibility regarding flow and H2-content
- Completely pre-manufactured skids
- High availability and reliability
- Design for long lifetime
Typical applications for HN/HNX gas generation plants:
- Metallurgical industry (e.g. galvanizing, annealing)
- Float glass industry
|Natural gas (NG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)|
Product gas capacity:
|350 to 1.200 Nm³/h|
|1 – 12 vol.-%|
|about 1,1 bar(abs)|
* at exit oxygen VPSA unit; higher pressures on demand.